www.rebelvision.net

donderdag 24 juli 2008

Blitz The Ambassador @ Joe's Pub This Saturday


Fresh off of headlining New York's City Solar Powered Festival, Blitz the Ambassador returns to the stage this saturday night at the historic Joe's Pub in New York City! www.myspace.com/blitztheambassador Please let me know if you would like to be added to the guest list! Heres what Okayplayer.com had to say about his City Sol performance: http://www.okayplayer.com/content/view/5997/60/The next performer (at The City Sol Festival)was Brooklyn (by way of Ghana) rapper, Blitz the Ambassador, the real reason I even attempted to stand in the rain for a free concert. I refused to preview any of his music after being told how dope he was and that he performed with a live band. I figured sight unseen, if he was really that good, he'd have me at 'One, two, one, two.' Sure enough, I left that set open. Blitz embodies everything to love about hip-hop that the media never talks about: thoughtful prose, unbridled energy, complete mastery of a crowd and a sense of boyish glee that he really couldn't be happier doing anything else. He even got in on the solar-powered fun when he took a minute to shout out the now hidden sun. I don't think any rapper could have sounded so convincingly un-corny thanking Mother Nature (except maybe Ghostface), but Blitz had me believing he could do anything. There were signs of a heavy Black Thought influence from a couple "Web"-like verses over sparse beats, his repeated acknowledgements of his band ("You are now rockin' with the Almighty Embassy Ensemble") and a little singing thrown in for good measure. His horn section added to the orchestral, cosmic vibe under the muggy night sky as Blitz closed his set with "Remembering the Future": "I am who I am/you can never change me/Reaching for the sun/Remembering the future."


free widgets assassin downloads more blogs from rebelvisionrebelvision europe rmp magazine promotional downloads rebelaffiliates and friends Sean C Music Powers Contest Winner TALENTS